Living a balanced life can seem like a very daunting task. But fear not! It’s not as hard as you’d think.
By finding balance in your everyday life, you can bring so much positivity and light to your current situation, and it can be done quite effortlessly believe it or not. Feeling balanced will definitely influence all aspects of yourself and your days, and can make you so much happier and we all know how great it is to be happy. Below, I will be listing off my top 5 tips for living your best, balanced life!
Here are my top 5 tips on living a more balanced, and healthy life :
- is probably my top tip for feeling at ease with yourself. Taking time to really examine your physical and mental health, and treating it accordingly. Whether that’s sticking to a new skincare routine, or taking more baths to relax at the end of a stressful day. Find what makes you feel good and stick with it. Go for a walk in the woods to clear your mind, or spend a little time and date yourself by watching movies or eating amazing food. I personally like taking time before and after my long days to care for myself – I take it slow in the morning and fuel my body properly with a good breaky, and I finish my day off with my somewhat lengthy, but very pampering skincare routine. (Comment below if you’d be interested in reading about my current skincare routine!)
- (Most of the time! You still need to treat yoself), I find, has had a really positive effect on my own life, and I’m sure it would have a positive impact on anyone else. Eating healthy and clean most of the time means that you are fueling your body properly and can put you at ease. You will feel better from the inside out, and it can also have positive effects on your skin as well as issues such as bloating and digestive problems.
- even if it’s only a little bit, is vital to living a balanced life and sort of goes hand in hand with self care. Incorporating some form of exercise into your routine once in a while, can really improve your physical and mental health. According to many studies and articles, such as this one from the National Center for Biotechnology Information, “exercise improves mental health by reducing anxiety, depression, and negative mood and by improving self-esteem and cognitive function.2 Exercise has also been found to alleviate symptoms such as low self-esteem and social withdrawal.3“
- more about yourself and the world you live on can really benefit your life. If you can educate yourself on what is going on in the world, or on a subject you’ve always been curious about, you’ll be filling your brain with new information. This can really help you have a clearer view on yourself, and you’ll be able to better understand your struggles and how to healthily push through them. I personally love reading about people and psychology and why we are the way we are. I find it fascinating and I know I should research more and continue learning for as long as I can.
Getting a good night’s sleep
- is really really important when it comes to living a balanced life. You need to counteract the rest of your busy life with a bit of rest, and getting a good deep sleep is incredibly important when it comes to your overall health too! In Sleep Disorders and Sleep Deprivation: An Unmet Public Health Problem, it is quoted that “the cumulative long-term effects of sleep loss and sleep disorders have been associated with a wide range of deleterious health consequences, including and increased risk of hypertension, diabetes, obesity, heart attack, and stroke.” Which means that not only with getting a good sleep improve your mental stability, it will also benefit you physically. When you’re sleep deprived, your brain can’t function at 100%, which makes living your best life quite difficult.