Seeing as the New Year has just begun, it seemed fitting to write a post about my New Year’s resolutions for 2017!
I don’t normally plan these sort of things out, especially at the beginning of the year, but 2017 feels a little special, so I figured I might as well try and set myself some goals. Keep on reading to find out what I have planned as my New Year’s resolutions, and feel free to comment below on any plans or goals you have for the New Year!
Become physically stronger.
- I recently joined a gym and am training with a friend, which is making it a lot easier to commit to, as well as stay motivated. I’ve struggled in the past to stick to a fitness routine, but I’ve been wanting to get back into it and see myself grow, and I’ve already started the year off on the right foot by going to the gym a few times already! I’d like to continue to work out and continuously improve my physical abilities as it helps my overall health and wellbeing, and not only my physique.
Put my phone down more often.
- I’m increasingly becoming more aware of people and their cell phone use, and it’s starting to irritate me. One of my resolutions is to use my phone a little less, and be more in the moment. As much as I love to share moments and keep everyone updated, I’d rather experience something full heartedly and tell them about it later, than half-ass the experience and have a crap story to tell. I’d also like to start influencing others to use their phones less, as it really bothers me to be out with someone and have them constantly check their phone. It’s distracting, and makes me feel as though I’m less important in that shared moment.
Take more (better) photos.
- This may contradict a bit with my second resolution, but I’ve always been a lover of photographs. And I’d like to start taking better images to capture specific moments. Quality > Quantity. I’d also like to start taking more photos and prepping blog posts a little more – I find it difficult to add visuals to my posts sometimes, and I’d like to fix that!
Spend more time with people.
- I want to start making more plans and seeing people in person. Whether that’s grabbing a coffee, going to the gym, going for a hike – Anything! I want to interact with more people and create stronger bonds with others. I feel it’s so important to have good, strong relationships with people, relationships that will last years if all works out.
Take more fashion risks.
- As much as I love a monochrome wardrobe, and simple outfits, I sort of want to step out of that from time to time. I’ve been feeling the urge to plan outfits a little more and adding more colour and texture to jazz things up a bit. I want to take more risks and have well thought out looks. I’d also like to start taking photos (back to #3!) of my outfits as well, and blog about them. I’ve always wanted to, I just haven’t found the time/effort to do so. So now’s my chance to finally do it!
Save save save.
- I plan to move out this fall, and I need to get my finances in check. I’m doing a lot better as of November/December, but I really want to have the moving process as easy as possible, and saving enough money for a new place and furnishings will make things a lot less stressful. I want to do less mindless spending, and save money here and there so that I can invest in the important things like furniture and homeware.
Love a little more.
- My final resolution is to give more love. I haven’t always been the best at showing my emotions, but over the past year I’m becoming a little more comfortable with them. I want to show affection more now and give out as much love and positivity that I can this year. Everyone deserves it, and it’s contagious.
And that’s it!
Those are my 7 main resolutions for this year! I’ve obviously got more goals in mind, but these are the most important of 2017. Have you got any resolutions you plan to stick to this year? If so, leave a comment below!
Featured image is from Unsplash.